“WelovEmilia is the heaven do wine lovers from al over the world”
Emilia-Romagna is one of the biggest wine producing regions in Italy, represented by two DOCGs (Denominations of Controlled and Guaranteed Origin):
– in Emilia Colli Bolognesi Classico Pignoletto DOCG
– in Romagna, Romagna Albana DOCG
Moreover, you can find 23 DOCs (Denominations of Controlled Origin) divided among the 9 provinces and 63 wine varieties mentioned within the regional denominations, of which some are internationally renowned like Trebbiano Romagnolo and Sangiovese.
Through the Via Emilia, a road that crosses the entire Strada Emilia-Romagna from East to West, you can find 4 production regions consistent in tradition and composition:
- The hills of Piacenza and Parma, where Barbera and Bonarda are widespread
- The land of Lambrusco, that extends from the hills to the bank of the Po River in the provinces of Reggio in Emilia and Modena.
- Bolognesi hills and the lower valley of the Reno River with its long-standing tradition of white wines
- The great vineyards of Romagna with Sangiovese, Albana and Trebbiano